This celebration of the harvest season offers an opportunity to enjoy rural life on an organic family farm with educational tours, workshops, hay rides, food, music, kid's arts and crafts, circus, nature walks, storytelling, games, a petting zoo, and terrific contests! Other all-ages activities include hands-on workshops, craft booths, a farmers' market, farm tours, dancing, and much more.
All of the proceeds from the Hoes Down Harvest Festival go to non-profit organizations that support sustainable agriculture and rural living.
To learn more about the event visit www.hoesdown.org.
October 7, 2017 11am – 11pm (Main Festival)
October 8, 2017 9am – 3pm (Sunday Workshops Only). PLEASE NOTE main festival activities occur on Saturday, NOT Sunday. Pre-registration is required for all Sunday workshops.
Note the following details for the Sunday activities:
- Bus Tour for Beginning Farmers, 9am-1pm - Begins and ends at Full Belly Farm - limited to 25
- Field to Fork Baking with Local Grains, 11am-1pm - Meet at Rumsey Town Hall - limited to 25
- Cache Creek Canyon Hike, 9am-12pm - Meet at Rumsey Town Hall - limited to 25
- Raising Animals on Grass, 11am-12:30pm - Meet at Pasture 42, Guinda - limited to 50
- Farm Fresh Floral Design, 10:30am-12:30pm - Meet at Info Booth - limited to 20
- Full Belly Farm Tour, 11am-12:30pm - Meet at Info Booth
- Full Belly Kid's Camp (Ages 4-6), 9am-1:30pm - Meet at Tepee - limited to 20 kids
- Full Belly Kid's Camp (Ages 7-12), 9am-1:30pm - Meet at Tepee - limited to 20 kids
- Bike Tour of Local Farms, 9am-1pm - Starts and ends at Full Belly Farm - limited to 30
- Spotting Birds and Bugs on the Farm, 8am-10:30am - Meet at Info Booth - limited to 25
- Brick Oven Making & Baking, 11am-1:00pm - Begins at Full Belly Farm Event Center - limited to 20