EcoFarm Bus Tour 2016 promises a diverse and informative farm tour on the first day of the EcoFarm Conference, Wednesday, January 20.
- Morgan Tittle, production manager of Garrett Farms, will guide us through 30 acres of organic raspberry and blackberry plantings, featuring hoophouse production. All berries are marketed through Driscoll's.
- Kathryn Lukas of Farmhouse Culture produces amazing specialty raw krauts and kimchi using local organic crops. We will tour her production facilities and taste the goodies!
- Jamie Collins of Serendipity Farms, now in its 15th year, produces a wide array of organic winter veggies, raspberries, and strawberries on the loamy soils near the Carmel River, marketing via farmers markets, CSA shares, U-Pick and wholesale, with a major following by local chefs.
- Dave Blume of Blume Distillation and Whiskey Hill Farms will tour his integrated operation producing ethanol and methane from crop and other wastes, utilizing the effluent and heat produced during the distillation to feed algae and fish production, and provide nutrients and heat for 5 acres of greenhouses, specializing in off season production of organic peppers, tomatoes, ginger and turmeric.
- "The best farm tour I've been on"
- "Excellent presentations by the growers”
- "For me, the best part of EcoFarm!”