Our family owned and operated vineyard and winery have been in Southern Oregon for over 40 years, producing Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Blanc, and Gewurztraminer. We also produce small amounts of Tempranillo and Bordeaux varieties.
For 2019 harvest, Foris is seeking enthusiastic harvest interns to be part of our winemaking team. Good candidates will have a passion for wine, an interest in learning about grape growing and the winemaking process, and be willing to work long hours. Great candidates must be able to work effectively with a team and independently when necessary.
This is a temporary position anticipated to start in early September and last to early November.
• Winery and equipment cleaning & sanitation.
• General cellar work including racking tanks, tank additions, topping, and bottling.
• Fermentation management including punchdowns, barrel fermentation management, brix and temp checks, nutrient additions, inoculations
• Vineyard sampling, brix and pH checks, other lab work depending on experience
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Punctual, motivated, and a positive team player.
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• Reliable. We have fun, but this is a professional place of business.
• Previous cellar, culinary or food production experience preferred.
• Previous forklift experience preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Lift 50 lbs on a regular basis and remain on feet for long periods of time.
• Climb a ladder on a regular basis.
• Work long hours, including weekends, as needed throughout harvest.
• Communicate clearly in English (written and spoken).
• Read, understand and follow work and safety-related SOPs, and able to follow verbal instructions.
• Apply online at: https://hire.wheniwork-production.com/jobs/forisvineyards
• Please submit your resume/CV as well as a cover letter telling us why you are enthusiastic about this opportunity and would be a stellar addition to our team.