The mission of the Organic Farming Research Foundation (OFRF) is to foster the improvement
and widespread adoption of organic farming systems. Since our founding in 1990 OFRF has
sponsored organic farming research, education, outreach, to support organic and transitioning
farmers across North America. This work is complemented by efforts to share our findings with
policy makers, agricultural institutions, and federal agencies that can use the results to
implement broader change and help to advance the sector. OFRF envisions a future where
organic farming is the leading form of agriculture.
We are looking for an all-around admin pro to manage a wide variety of tasks in our small,
dynamic non-profit office. You will provide executive-level support to the Executive Director
(ED) and ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the office and support systems. This
includes maintaining an organized, professional, and collegial office atmosphere by managing
the basic mechanisms and infrastructure of the office, including office administration,
bookkeeping, human resources, and IT/technical support. This is a full time, exempt position
based in our Santa Cruz office.
• Provide executive-level administrative support to the Executive Director.
• Type drafts and finished documents of a variety of material from written and verbal
• Provide organizational, IT, and logistical support for our Board of Directors and board
Committe meetings, including scheduling, minute taking, and detailed follow-up.
Office & IT
• Manage and maintain equipment, maintenance agreements, and supplies inventory.
• Coordinate IT/technical support to staff.
• Be the primary contact for service providers and office vendors.
• Organize and maintain office hardcopy and electronic files.
• Maintain the general OFRF office calendar, including booking conference room and
• Oversee state filings and other state and government reporting.
• Answer phones daily, respond to email inquiries and compose routine correspondence.
• Monitor and maintain OFRF’s database, including data input, query, reporting, and
developing processes for improved database functions.
HR & Accounting
• Under direction of senior management, coordinate human resources functions including,
personnel files, new hire documentation/onboarding, and benefit enrollment/maintenance.
• Monitor employee timecard system and submit time off records to accountants bi-monthly.
• Prepare and code accounts receivables and accounts payable and monitor monthly coding.
• Oversee the organization's audit process and work with accountants to prepare.
• Work with program staff to track restricted funds spending and budgeting.
• Prepare month end reconciliation documents for accountants.
• Self-starter with proven experience in a similar position that has required critical thinking, good judgment,
meeting deadlines, and problem solving.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of office equipment and network systems.
• Dependable and responsible with strict attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to proofread documents.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with documents and files.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Quickbooks, Excel (intermediate-advanced), PPT, Word, and Outlook.
• Proficiency with MAC and PC computers.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Desire to support a positive office culture.
• AV and IT equipment experience.
• Salesforce experience
• Interest in the improvement and widespread adoption of organic farming systems.
Submit your complete packet with “Administrative Assistant/Office Manager” in subject
line via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified applicants should submit:
• A cover letter stating your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements.
• A resume outlining your skills and experience.
Please visit www.ofrf.org to learn more about the Organic Farming Research Foundation.
Organic Farming Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.