Secondary CTE/STEM Teacher
Position Summary: This teaching position will focus on using our school’s biomass heated greenhouse and hydroponic units to teach cold climate commercial agriculture production skills that will be used in the school's food service program. The successful applicant will be working in a team environment to facilitate sustainable agriculture & STEM careers & training with 9th – 12th grade students across the district.
1. Manages the District’s biomass greenhouse to teach CTE secondary courses in Agriculture, Plant Pathology and Agribusiness.
2. Facilitate development of Articulated TechPrep courses with the University of Alaska
3. Instruct high school students using hands-on learning engaging projects that are focused on Agriculture and STEM Careers, and that produce food for the district's food service program.
4. Assists in the development of a regional CTE Project designed to prepare students for agriculture careers.
5. Develops and maintains a learning environment that is engaging to the student population.
6. Develops positive and productive working relationships with parents to maintain student achievement
Eligible Alaska Teaching Certificate (Type A or Type M)
Experience and/or Endorsements in Biology, Horticulture, Plant Biology with a STEM and/or CTE emphasis
Commercial Greehouse experience helpful
Apply through Alaska Teacher Placement or by visiting