AgBiome is a leading research and discovery company based in Research Triangle Park, NC committed to feeding the world responsibly. We are looking for an agronomist experienced in organic production to to serve as a seasoned and credible resource to organic growers, the AgBiome team, and the entire US food value chain. Location is flexible, but candidate must be willing to travel. BS in agronomy or related field, CCA, and 5 years experience are preferred for this outstanding opportunity. For more information and to apply, go to https://www.agbiome.com/careers/.
The Agronomist - Organic Production is considered a valuable member of the organization and must have the vision, drive, creativity and interpersonal skills to succeed in meeting company objectives. This role will have accountability to the Director of Technical Service/Field Biology and will be responsible for being a key technical partner to organic producers and a key resource to the larger AgBiome company. This exciting position requires a broad understanding of the business model and role organic producers play in the entire agricultural/food value chain. The ideal candidate for this outstanding opportunity has a solid grounding in crops and farming techniques.
The Agronomist - is responsible for understanding the unique needs of the organic agricultural producer. This role will serve as a key partner to growers in the US and Canada and will serve as a bridge between the producer and AgBiome. The Agronomist - Organic Production position is entirely field-based. At periods of time there may be significant travel (~75%) to customer locations and to the AgBiome headquarters in Research Triangle Park, NC. Location flexible for this full-time, fully benefited position.
● Identify and work with key organic growers to understand their unique business challenges
● Be a resource and expert for the AgBiome organization in integrated organic production
● Build awareness and demand for AgBiome products with organic growers
● Drive and support sales of AgBiome products into the US/Canada organic crop sector
● Support and work within the AgBiome Technical Service and Sales team
● Identify key influencers in the sector - University, Governmental and Private Organizations and Supply/Food Chain. - gain knowledge, represent AgBiome’s interests, influence direction of these organizations and ensure that the AgBiome brand is promoted
● Represent AgBiome and network at trade shows/conferences
● Develop written reports about efficacy and performance of AgBiome products for use in marketing materials, trade journals, technical reports, and other publications
● Determine and evaluate the technical positioning of AgBiome products in organic crop management programs
● Identify new opportunities for AgBiome products
● Recommend best methods for using AgBiome products in producers’ agronomic practices
● Coordinate demonstration work with growers
● Recommend evaluation programs for R&D trials, and participate in new product design activities
● Identify and characterize competitive products and potential business development opportunities.
● Serve as a technical resource to AgBiome employees on organic production and pest management
● Predict and communicate future trends to the larger AgBiome community
● Understand the USDA National Organic Program (NOP) requirements for organic production and the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) certification process and monitor changes
● B.S. in agronomy, horticulture, crop production, pest management. M.S. is preferred.
● Minimum 5 years+ working in organic production
● Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) or Certified Professional Agronomist (CPAg) credential a plus
● Possess broad understanding of organic crop production, pest management technology, and field research techniques including use of statistics and analytics
● Strong interpersonal and networking skills
● Excellent written and verbal skills
● Motivated, proven self-starter
To apply, go to https://www.agbiome.com/careers/