Curbstone Valley Farm is an 18 acre farm located in the Santa Cruz mountains raising registered Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats. The position will primarily focus on the daily care, feeding, and movement of livestock. Additional tasks include assisting with the care of the fruit tree orchard, apiary, and establishment of a small kitchen garden as required through the season.
• Daily care of the animals on the farm: feeding, watering, and stall cleaning.
• Attentiveness to the welfare of the animals and biosecurity is critical.
• Communicate regularly about health and care of animals.
• Ability to observe and promptly communicate concerns regarding individual animals.
• Assist with other farm activities, including hive management, orchard maintenance, and irrigation.
• Ability to take direction, and work independently.
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Flexibility as farm tasks change seasonally.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Experience and/or strong desire to work with livestock (goats, bees, poultry).
• Experience in dairy husbandry a plus, but not required.
E-mail your introductory cover letter, resume of past experience, and references to FarmWork@curbstonevalley.com