In 2017 the Center for Land-Based Learning launched the first registered apprenticeship program for a Beginning Farm and Ranch Manager in California. Through a partnership with a local farm and state funding, this program was developed to address the shortage of farm managers and supervisors on California farms and ranches as they begin to retire. At the same time, the goal was to develop a statewide, high-quality, professional training program for aspiring farmers to have a pathway into a stable career in farming. The Apprenticeship program is now expanding to include other occupations in agriculture that are ripe for the apprenticeship model.
The Center for Land-Based Learning is hiring an Apprenticeship Program Coordinator, based at our headquarters at 40140 Best Ranch Rd, Woodland, CA. During the Covid-19 pandemic, this position will be able to work remotely. The Coordinator will report to the Apprenticeship Program Manager. The position is hourly and may include travel and overnight stays occasionally, once these activities resume.
• Review and process apprenticeship applications
• Lead apprentice interviews and selection
• Conduct scheduled visits to the farm sites to assess the program experience for apprentices and employers
• Collect Program feedback from communication with apprentices and employers
• Assist in updating and refining the farmer and apprentice handbooks
• Coordinate apprentice case management, tracking, paperwork, and evaluation activities
• Assist with Apprenticeship Program Committee coordination, communication and administrative activities
• Assist with developing curriculum, expanding the program, researching leads and opportunities
• Assist with apprenticeship recruitment, outreach efforts and Land-Based Learning events: fundraisers, donor appreciation events, open houses, etc.
Please see the full job description here: www.landbasedlearning.org/job-opportunities
Send a cover letter and resume to:
Deadline for applications is June 26