Van Acker Construction is interviewing for an Assistant Caretaker to work at Felta Farms in Healdsburg. This is a part-time position that may expand into full-time during the growing season. As Assistant Caretaker, you will help the Caretaker with gardening, landscape maintenance, planting and harvesting, animal care, and basic grounds improvements.
The property is located west of Healdsburg, in the coastal mountains. It is a secluded estate that includes a weekend residence, productive garden, fruit trees, landscape, and small farm animals.
The best candidate is one who enjoys physical outdoor activities, enjoys caring for small farm animals, and is interested in sustainability, agroecology, and small-scale farming.
• High School diploma or GED
• Fluent English speaker, both written and verbal
• Responsible, punctual, good time-management skills
• Able to lift 50 lbs regularly.
• Able to walk up and down steep terrain
• Able to bend, reach, stoop, and perform repetitive motions properly and safely for extended periods of time.
• Able to work in all weather conditions, all seasons.
• Experience in using, maintaining, and repairing equipment including tiller, tractor, and blower.
• Experience in using, maintaining, and repairing garden and farm hand tools.
• Experience in using, maintaining, and repairing irrigation systems.
• Experience working on a small-scale, sustainable and/or Organic farm.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com