We are a farmstead cheese operation, 5 miles off the Pacific Coast and 60 miles North San Francisco. We have 160 organic acres that goats and sheep are rotated throughtout. We are looking for an amazing human that has dairy experience to work on our farm. We are highly engaged with the farming and food maker community. We are part of the Marin Carbon Project and Marin Agriculture Land Trust. See our website or facebook for more info. www.tolumafarms.com
Housing: Tiny Home (full one bedroom with loft)
Food: cheese, eggs, veggies from garden that employees help maintain.
2 week paid vacation within a year.
Health insurance after 90 days.
Will pay for educational courses throughout the year.
Hours: Wednesday-Sunday (7:30-4). Sometimes longer during kidding/lambing season.
25k a year w/housing, health benefits and bonus potential for exceptional work performance (6 mo & 1yr)
1. Assist in managing 200 goats, 80 sheep. This includes all aspects of dairy animal husbandry: breeding, kidding, manage feed/nutrition, milking 1-2 shifts a week. Ensure low SCC and great animal health.
2. Assist in managing pasture rotation.
3. Train/Supervise apprentices, volunteers.
4. Work with others to repair fences, maintain the mechanics of parlor and vehicles.
5. Work with owner in maintaining certifications (animal welfare approved, MALT, certified humane and organic pasture certifications).
6. Participate in farm education programs (tours, events, farmstays).
7. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
8. Work with all team members in moving the farm toward financial sustainablity.
9. Participate in Farm Education Programs (tours, farmstays, events)
1. Require 1 year dairy animal experience (cows, goats and/or sheep).
2. Prefer land management experience.
3. 1 year other animal experience (meat operation).
4. Prefer Animal Science related BS degree.
5.Have excellent communication skills (no drama).
6. Need a good sense of humor and flexibility.
7. Excellent work ethic.
8. Prefer someone who has mechanical/carpenter skills
9. Have a strong commitment to locally produced, sustainable farming.
10. Must care about keeping home, communal spaces, barns and parlor clean.
Please email resume and cover letter to Tamara at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position opened until full