The farm manager will be tasked with performing and supervising all aspects of production. The farm manager will work alongside the owner, performing such tasks as pruning, weeding, monitoring irrigation, and supervising harvest workers. In addition. this person will be responsible for the maintenance of farm related small machinery such as weed eaters and be able to make simple fence and irrigation repairs and install and repair simple trellis and netting systems. Some driving will be required. Problem solving alongside the owner is encouraged.
1. At least 5 years farming experience, preferably in organic berry or orchard production.
2. Be able to work alongside the owner and part-time workers in a respectful collaborative manner.
3. Have experience with tractors and small engine machinery.
4. Have a current driver's license and be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle.
5. Be physically fit and able to lift a 50# bag.
Send your resume with a short paragraph about why you are interested in this job to: email@example.com.