Eden Foods - Clinton, Mich. (Lenawee Co.) seeks reliable, straight forward, knowledgeable help to manage field crop grower/supplier relationships. Position is based in Clinton. Travel involved. Must have knowledge of field crop production, and be willing to learn. Good work, people, and food.
Position Field Crop Buyer / Grower Relationship Management
Reports to Purchasing Department Director
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Strengthen grower/supplier relationship and maintain familiarity with their crop and operational status.
2. Visit farmers, farms, crop handlers, storage, processing, and related facilities as may be needed.
3. Gather and record facts/details for Purchasing’s information database.
4. Arrange for contracting of field crop production for Eden Foods.
5. Oversee and ensure compliance with legal requirements of food.
6. Confirm compliance with Eden Standard Operating Procedures.
7. Verify growing practices and production areas to ensure crops are produced in manner suitable to Eden Foods desires. Ensure they are stored so as to prevent adulteration.
8. Oversee farm to cleaner to processing.
9. Work with various certification organizations and quality assurance processes to facilitate their integration with the supply chain.
10. Professional handling of paperwork related to Eden Foods’ inventory, suppliers, and regulatory requirements.
11. Gather, record, and report appropriately information about the supply chain.
12. Gather and record information about the land and family’s history.
13. Help maintain up-to-date information and documents related to suppliers, growers, handlers, and cleaners.
14. Work to carry out and improve Eden Foods certifications, quality control, and regulatory compliance.
15. Inventory management based on calculations and factors such as lead-time, projections, seasonal rhythms, historic use, and projected demand.
16. Expand company resources for food items. Develop Plan B supplier capabilities to ensure uninterrupted supply.
1. Background knowledge of agriculture and field crop production.
2.Previous experience in business.
3. A willingness to learn.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, growers, and business associates.
5. An openness to understanding the grower’s perspective.
6. Reliable team player that delivers quality work.
7. Self-reflective common sense, overt common courtesy, and a personable demeanor.
8. Maintenance of high ethical standards.
9. Clear, succinct, timely written and verbal communication.
10. Computer proficiencies with a willingness to learn.
11. A continuing knowledge of technical, agricultural, regulatory, industry, and Eden Foods’ requirements.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a complete explanation of duties. Employees are required to perform duties as assigned by their supervisor or management. Eden reserves the right to modify job duties and responsibilities as needed. Job descriptions do not constitute or imply an employment contract.
Email resume to Sherri Laing, HR firstname.lastname@example.org.