California Volunteers, in partnership with Bay Area Community Resources (BACR), is currently accepting applications for the Governor's initiative, California Climate Action Corps 2022-23 Fellowship!
Our next 11-month fellowship will place approximately 115 full-time AmeriCorps members (called “Fellows”) with public agencies, tribes, nonprofits, and schools throughout the state, principally in the target regions of Butte and surrounding north state counties, Oakland, San Jose, Fresno/Central Valley, Los Angeles, Inland Empire, San Diego, and tribal communities. Fellows will spend 1700+ hours from September 19, 2022 through August 17, 2023 mobilizing their communities through volunteer engagement and climate action, education, and assessment service projects focused on urban greening, organic waste and edible food recovery, and wildfire resiliency.
Fellows receive a living allowance of $27,000 ($2,454/month pre-tax), combined $10,000 in education awards to pay for school or student loans (upon completion), health insurance, and other benefits.
California Climate Action Corps is dedicated to advancing climate actions that engage community members, cultivate change, and leave a lasting impact. As part of a larger statewide initiative to address the climate crisis, California Climate Action Corps Fellows will have the opportunity to:
- Learn real-world skills by engaging communities through volunteerism and climate action, education, and assessment projects.
- Serve with a host partner agency/organization committed to taking action on climate change and supporting implementation of service projects.
- Be part of a community and statewide force of emerging climate leaders.
Specific host partner agencies/organizations and projects will be posted in spring 2022.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident of the United States*
- Ability to pass FBI, CA Department of Justice, out-of-state (if applicable), and National Sex Offender Public Registry background checks prior to service
Climate Action Corps Requirements:
- At least 18 years of age
- Live in California
- Associates degree or above, and/or relevant experience
- Commitment to the full term of service (1700+ hours)
- Capability to work in a professional office or field setting (some hybrid/virtual placements may be available)
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and teamwork skills
- Past service experience (e.g., volunteering, community service, etc.)
- Experience with, or training in, outreach, facilitation and/or education
- Being local to the community you will serve in
Please visit https://www.californiavolunteers.ca.gov/fall-2022-23-fellowship-term/ to apply or for more information regarding the program, benefits, and eligibility requirements. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled, but applications received by May 31st will receive priority consideration.