The Certification Services Manager (CSM) is responsible for oversight and day-to-day management of HFAC’s certification program services. The CSM supervises the team of certification officers, responsible for technical review of certification client applications, inspection reports, and mid-cycle changes to operations. The CSM is responsible for ensuring that technical certification work is performed in accordance with HFAC standards and quality management system. The CSM works closely with the Certification Operations Manager (COM) to ensure successful program management in alignment with HFAC’s program requirements and organizational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the CSM include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Works with Executive Director and COM to establish program goals and key performance indicators (KPIs), and communicates these to program staff
• Supervises Certification Officers, including providing appropriate coaching and regular feedback, and conducting performance evaluations
• Managing Certification Officer team workload by assigning and delegating tasks, establishing deadlines, and monitoring team performance
• Coordinates with COM to manage certification program workload and ensure smooth flow of clients through the certification process
• Oversees technical review of new and renewing applications for certification, and determination of eligibility for certification
• Oversees technical review of inspection reports and mid-cycle changes to certification, compliance reports issued to clients, and review of responses to non-compliances
• Conducts complaint investigations as directed by the Executive Director
• Communicates with clients (via formal notices, email, phone, video chat, or in-person) regarding their compliance status, necessary actions to achieve or maintain certification, clarification of program requirements, and changes to HFAC policies and/or procedures
• Maintains precise documentation and records of certification work in adherence to HFAC’s quality management system, always ensuring compliance with HFAC’s confidentiality requirements, and updating client records
• Represents HFAC at conferences and tradeshows, as needed
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in animal science, agriculture, biology, food science, supply chain management, or related field, OR minimum 5 years equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of personnel management and customer service experience
• Experience working in a professional office and proficiency with computers
• Excellent writing, communication and customer service skills
• Sincere interest in farm animal welfare
• Experience directly with third-party certifications or in a regulatory environment
• Experience with auditing/inspecting, food processing, and/or supply chain and logistics management
• Experience working within a quality management system
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, and Quickbooks
This position primarily works indoors. This position is eligible for full or part time telecommuting. Flexible hours may be periodically required to facilitate worldwide communications.
This position may require limited travel (approximately 2-3 times/year).
Humane Farm Animal Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Please email a resume/CV and cover letter expressing your interest to Mimi at email@example.com