CUESA (Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to growing thriving communities through the power and joy of local food. Our vision is to inspire a world that nourishes all people, local economies, and the living earth. We operate the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market and Mission Community Market in San Francisco, and education programs for eaters of all ages. CUESA is committed to centering equity and inclusion in our programs and across all aspects of our organization.
CUESA is seeking a creative, experienced, and dynamic Communications Coordinator who is passionate about farmers markets, education, and community. The Communications Coordinator will be joining the team at a pivotal time to support the organization in launching a new brand. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Communications Director to co-create and deliver on marketing and communications strategies to support CUESA’s mission and work. Together, you will work to engage diverse stakeholders and communities, both online and in-person, such as farmers market visitors, kids, farmers, food makers, and chefs.
CUESA is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and people with other marginalized identities to apply.
● This is a full-time, salaried position based on 40 hour/week.
● The work schedule is generally Monday-Friday, 8 hours/day, with flex scheduling for occasional Saturdays or evenings a few times a month.
● Salary is set at $50,000 (non-negotiable) and includes workers compensation coverage, earned sick leave, paid vacation, and holidays. Medical, vision, and dental care benefits are provided.
● This position requires frequent in-person work at the CUESA office at the San Francisco Ferry Building and CUESA’s farmers markets, deemed an essential function. Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 is required. Personal Protective Equipment can be provided. Non-farmers market work may be conducted remotely during the pandemic, as mutually agreed upon.
Create content and manage social media and digital communications to deepen and expand community engagement.
● Work with Communications Director and team to develop and implement social media plan, editorial calendar, and key messages.
● Work with Communications Director and team to identify key issues, stories, and community members to highlight in marketing and fundraising communications.
● Work with Communications Director to support PR, marketing, and outreach efforts, such as maintaining contact lists, cultivating media relationships, tracking coverage, and developing and distributing promotional materials and kits.
● Work with Communications Director to set benchmarks, track and analyze, and develop strategies to meaningfully deepen and expand online engagement.
● Through writing, photography, video, and design, craft fresh, relevant, and inclusive content to engage our online community, ensuring consistency in voice, messaging, and brand.
● Regularly schedule, manage, and monitor multiple social media accounts (such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter).
● Maintain and update website.
● Manage production of weekly email newsletter and other email campaigns, including writing or curating content.
● Research and write original feature articles and other communications materials.
● Copyedit and proofread materials as needed, using house style guide.
● Support translation or development of multilingual materials.
● Take photos at education programs, farmers markets, and fundraising events, and maintain digital media archives.
● Record and edit or livestream video content for social media channels.
Design impactful, on-brand visual communications, both digital and print.
● Help bring visual brand to life in digital and print materials using new brand guidelines, and support team in ensuring adherence and consistency to brand across internal and external communications.
● Design, update, or adapt materials for farmers markets, education programs, and fundraising events (such as web graphics, print brochures, flyers, banners, signage, seller signs, ads, displays, merchandise, etc.).
● Collaborate with the development team to support fundraising efforts through production of annual impact report, fundraising email campaigns, and sponsorship decks, contributing to content or designing materials as needed.
● Coordinate printing or production of materials with outside vendors as needed.
Participate in team-wide strategic planning, initiatives, and events.
● Participate in team racial equity work and initiatives to advance Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice (DEIJ) framework and work plan, and actively work to advance DEIJ in communications strategies and practices.
● Participate in team planning to advance organizational goals through marketing and communications strategies.
● Act as the organization representative and ambassador as needed, supporting in-person education programs, fundraising events, and outreach activities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Experience managing social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), scheduling tools, website content management systems, and email marketing.
● Excellent written communications skills, including writing and editing.
● Graphic design skills and experience, both digital and print media, including proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
● Experience with DSLR photography and video creation.
● Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
● Able to meet deadlines and manage, prioritize, and keep multiple time-sensitive projects on track simultaneously.
● Team player; able to work well and collaboratively within a dynamic team.
● Excellent team communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
● Knowledge of and passion for food justice, sustainable food, and farmers markets a plus.
● Professional experience in food or nonprofit communications or marketing, or equivalent schooling, a plus.
● Written language proficiency in Spanish or Chinese a plus.
● Google Analytics, AdWords, and SEO experience a plus.
● Based in the San Francisco Bay Area (requires on-site work).
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Communications Director Brie Mazurek at email@example.com by EOD Sunday, September 26, 2021. Email submissions only; no phone calls, please. Thank you for your interest!