The mission of the Organic Farming Research Foundation (OFRF) is to foster the improvement and widespread adoption of organic farming systems. OFRF envisions a future where organic farming is the leading form of agriculture. Since our founding in 1990, OFRF has sponsored organic farming research, education, and outreach to support organic and transitioning farmers across North America. This work is complemented by efforts to share our findings with policy makers, agricultural institutions, and federal agencies to support broader change and advance the organic sector.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Starting salary range $60-65K, depending on experience. OFRF offers a competitive benefits package and a great work environment with lots of flexibility. We look for co-workers who can have fun while working as hard as we do for a cause we love.
• Make science-based information accessible to a broad audience by developing content that engages farmers, researchers, policy makers, and the general public, through a wide array of communications channels
• Monitor industry news and share across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and other channels
• Write, edit, and work with team to continually update website and social media with fresh content, including press releases and blogs about OFRF projects, news, farmer and researcher stories, and other relevant topics
• Monitor and grow web site and social media analytics
• Coordinate development of multi-media strategies (video, podcasts, written media, etc.) to promote and disseminate research and information on organic farming practices
• Produce monthly newsletter and manage email lists in Mailchimp
• Work with program staff and contractors to write, copy-edit, publish, and distribute educational materials and resources, including guidebooks and reports
• Oversee multiple outside contractors
• Manage OFRF’s communications calendar
• Increase visibility of OFRF in the media by handling inbound requests and reaching out to news outlets when needed
• Maintain OFRF’s media list and relationships with media professionals
• Develop and publish OFRF’s annual report
• Work closely with development staff to support partnership building and fundraising efforts
• Support event planning
• Collaborate with staff and board on OFRF racial equity goals and communications
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading for a diverse array of writing styles and audiences
• Extensive social media skills (Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
• Strong organization skills and attention to details
• Experience coordinating the content, layout, and publishing of newsletters in Mailchimp or similar software
• Ability to communicate effectively with farmers and farming advocates
• Experience working with graphic designers, printers, and website developers
• Ability to meet deadlines, problem-solve, and work well with management and consultants
• Experience with email marketing and managing targeted email lists
• Commitment to the mission and vision of OFRF
• Understanding of web design, particularly WordPress
• Professional experience in communications, marketing, and PR
• Demonstrated ability to produce quality materials
• Proficiency with Salesforce customer resource management (CRM) system
• Experience with non-profit environmental or agricultural organizations
• Knowledge of organic food and farming issues
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and other design and editing software, including Premiere, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
Submit your complete packet with “Communications Manager” in the subject line via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified applicants should submit by 5/3/21:
• A cover letter stating your interest and qualifications
• A resume outlining your skills and experience
Please visit www.ofrf.org to learn more.
OFRF is an equal opportunity employer. Just as in the natural world where diversity creates resilience and strength, we believe a diverse workplace is crucial to the success of our organization and our efforts to support organic farmers. We strive to create a safe and supportive office culture and workplace that encourages racial and social equity. OFRF has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination of any kind, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply no matter their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status.