CCCD provides technical assistance and training to cooperative organizing groups and existing cooperatives in sectors including agriculture, retail grocery, housing, child care, and worker cooperatives. Services include educating organizers, founders, and members about the cooperative organizational model, it’s legal and financial aspects, and about the development process. We lead feasibility assessments, business plans, and work with many partners to provide a network of support services, including food safety and organic certification. We are also growing our services to include support for existing business owners in converting to worker or user-owned cooperatives.
The Cooperative Development Specialist position will support projects that involve starting agricultural co-ops (including developing farmer-worker cooperatives and food cooperatives) and focus on providing general farm production and marketing related education, business planning, organizing agricultural cooperatives, including for groups who speak English as a second language. The agriculture projects include fruit, vegetables, grain, and processed food producers in separate projects and includes working with local technical assistance provider partners for each project.
Provide support for:
• Completing market research and feasibility studies, including conducting producer surveys, interviews with key informants, and building financial pro formas
• Developing training materials (presentations and written materials)
• Organizing and marketing conferences; and presenting workshops
• Evaluating current and potential projects and preparing progress reports for funders
• 5 years of combined experience working in agriculture, fresh fruit/veg distribution, or retail food sectors
• Experience conducting research including designing written surveys, conducting interviews, and analyzing data
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Conference and event planning experience
• High degree of competency using Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
• Self-motivated, highly organized team player
• An entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit
• Ability to travel statewide an average 2-3 times per month; occasional national travel
• MS or BA in Agricultural Economics, Managerial Economics, Community Development, or other field related to food or agriculture.
• Experience running a small business or starting another type of organization preferably related to agriculture or food
• Understands cooperative business principles in other sectors: housing, worker, childcare, or others
• Experience in grant writing and reporting
• Familiar with different methods of meeting facilitation and decision-making processes
• Familiar with Organic, GAP/GHP/GMP standards and certification schemes
• Speaking and writing in a second language: Spanish, Korean
• Familiar with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator
Deadline: February 28, 2018 but open until filled. Applicants must submit a completed application, their full resume, brief cover letter and three references by email to CCCD at email@example.com (subject line: “Cooperative Development Specialist Position”), or mailed to: CCCD; 979 F St. Suite A-1; Davis, CA 95616.
Download the full job description and application form at http://www.cccd.coop/about-us/job-opportunities