The Spokane Food Policy Council is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that
• Advises Spokane County government and regional cities on food-related policy issues;
• Focuses on researching, developing and promoting food policy;
• Forms relationships with other regional entities involved in the local food system;
• Develops a Regional Food Plan.
The Coordinator is the key management leader of the Spokane Food Policy Council (SPFC). The Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Position: Part time (20 hours per week)
Compensation: Approximately $24/hr., negotiable.
Duration: Contract ends Dec. 31st, 2019 with the possibility of extension.
A detailed job description is available here:
1) Board Governance: Works with the Board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
2) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
3) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources to ensure the financial health of the organization.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
If interested, please send a letter of interest and resume to Council President Torie Foote at email@example.com.