The Restaurant at Meadowood’s Culinary Farm grows unique, seasonally appropriate crops using organic and sustainable techniques on 3.5 acres for a handful of restaurants. Emphasis is placed on experimentation with new crops and varieties, new growing and cultivation methods, and the utilization of all edible portions of the plant and the plant’s life-cycle. As a Culinary Farmer, you will gain experiential and hands-on learning that highlights the inner workings of a farm to restaurant relationship.
Culinary Farmer’s responsibilities:
• Assist in all regular garden tasks including harvest, planting, weeding, bed preparation, and general maintenance
• Become familiar with different crop varieties and harvest standards
• Monitor and report on conditions of crops, equipment, and overall appearance of garden
• Assist in general upkeep of garden tools and machinery
• Speak fluent English and be able to lift at least 50lbs.
• Be able to perform physically demanding tasks in all weather conditions
• Have excellent attention to detail
• Interact and communicate well with garden and kitchen staff
• Previous gardening/farming experience is preferred but certainly not necessary.
this position is : hourly, $15-20/hr
Please email your resume with a description about you and your interest in the position to email@example.com