The Restaurant at Meadowood is a modern American restaurant meant to speak to and positively impact the Napa Valley community while delivering a singular dining experience for every guest.
The Restaurant’s Culinary Garden grows unique, seasonally appropriate crops using organic and sustainable techniques on 3.5 acres. Emphasis is placed on experimentation with new crops and varieties, new growing and cultivation methods, and the utilization of all edible portions of the plant and the plant’s life-cycle.
The culinary gardener position offers an extremely unique work and learning experience. The culinary gardener will rotate through different units of responsibility on the farm during their tenure with the goal of developing a well-rounded market farming skillset and an a full understanding of a farm to restaurant relationship.
• Assist in all regular garden tasks including harvest, planting, weeding, bed preparation, and general maintenance
• Become familiar with different crop varieties and harvest standards
• Periodic deliveries to kitchens/outlets and participation in meetings with kitchen teams
• Assisting in the care for our laying poultry flock
• Speak fluent English and be able to lift at least 50lbs.
• Be able to perform physically demanding tasks in all weather conditions
• Have excellent attention to detail
• Interact and communicate well with garden and kitchen staff
• Previous gardening/farming experience is preferred but certainly not necessary.
Email your resume, short bio, and what interests you about the position to firstname.lastname@example.org