Curbstone Valley Farm is an 18 acre farm located in the Santa Cruz mountains raising registered Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats. Available positions will primarily focus on the daily care, feeding, and movement of livestock. Additional tasks with vary throughout the year, and include assisting with the care and maintenance of a fruit tree orchard, heirloom kitchen garden, and apiary as needed through the year. A minimum of a six month employment commitment is requested.
• Daily care of the animals on the farm: Stall cleaning, feeding, and watering.
• Moving animals between pasture and barns.
• Keep barn aisles clean and swept.
• Assist with routine husbandry tasks, including hoof trimming, deworming, hair clipping etc.
• Attentiveness to the welfare of the animals and bio-security is critical.
• Communicate regularly about health and care of animals.
• Ability to observe and promptly communicate concerns regarding individual animals.
• Assist with other farm activities, including kitchen garden & greenhouse management, orchard maintenance, fencing repair, and irrigation.
• Ability to drive a small Kubota tractor a plus; willing to train
• Ability to take direction, and work independently.
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• Must have own vehicle.
• Must be comfortable working around farm dogs.
• Flexibility as farm tasks change seasonally.
• Experience and/or strong desire to work with livestock (goats, bees, poultry).
• Experience with dairy goats a plus, but not required.
E-mail your introductory cover letter, resume of past experience, and three references to FarmWork@curbstonevalley.com