Habitera Farms is a small, sustainable mulberry farm based in Brentwood, CA. Founded in 2018, our goal is to bring mulberries to the larger Bay Area, while exploring new and innovative ways to farm and harvest this unique fruit. We are selling mulberries commercially for the first time this season, and would love to have you join our team!
Habitera Farms is hiring a contract delivery driver for May and June, 2022. The Driver will pick up and deliver mulberries from our farm in Brentwood, CA and will make deliveries to our buyers in Oakland, CA and Union City, CA Monday through Friday, from 10am-2pm, for the 8 weeks from May 2nd-July 1st. The driver will be paid as an hourly employee. The Driver must have a valid license and a clean driving record.
This contract position begins Wednesday, May 2, 2022 and ends Friday July 1, 2022.
Work hours are 10am-12pm , Monday - Friday
The Driver is paid hourly, at $25/hour, and is hired as a part-time employee
The Driver receives mulberries as often as we’re able to share them!
Working at Habitera Farms, you will gain hands-on experience working at a small start up farm focusing on innovation and sustainability. You will learn about local distribution models, produce handling and post-harvest care, and a lot more! Plus we are always looking for excited product-enthusiasts to join our team.
Overall: Complete weekly routes efficiently, safely, and according to route + protocol
- Be on time, and arrive at the pick up location daily.
- Assist in carefully loading, quality checking, counting, and delivering clamshells of mulberries
- Safely and carefully deliver perishable goods to buyers
- Follow protocol for buyer drop-offs
- Take 5 photos a month (for “behind the scenes” / “happy customer” / “on the job” photos for social media)
- Communicate delays and issues arise during deliveries immediately
- Weekly check in meetings to communicate learnings, inefficiencies, and delivery process updates.
- Provide professional and friendly customer service to our buyers
- Count and check on all clamshells
- Check delivery lists before leaving the pick-up site
- Follow delivery route and schedule
- Load clamshells efficiently and from last stop to first in your van/vehicle
- Clock in and out on promptly each work day
Qualifications - Required:
- Must have at least 2 vaccination for COVID-19
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Experience with delivery
- 1 to 2 years’ experience with customer service or equivalent role / be a people-person
- Detail-oriented; sensitive to the needs of a small business to be as error-free as possible!
- Ability to routinely lift and carry 10lbs
- Ability to adapt to changes in this small, ever-evolving small business
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic, proactive problem solver
- Preferred: Experience delivering perishable goods
This position is right for you if you:
- Are a great driver
- Enjoy working independently
- Enjoy building relationships and a rapport with customers/regulars
- Are hard-working and optimistic
- Are an excellent communicator
- Love produce
Please apply at https://www.indeed.com/job/delivery-driver-ab0e45fa7ca92302