The Deputy Director of Quality and Accreditation (DDQA) is responsible for oversight of Oregon Tilth’s Quality and Accreditation department, including all aspects of OTCO’s accreditations, internal quality system, and staff supervision. The DDQA works with the Certification Director to prepare long and short-term strategies aligned with OTCO’s mission and goals that will drive high levels of integrity and quality within the organization. The DDQA is also responsible for assisting with the annual budget and working with other departments within the organization to develop and implement cross-departmental strategies that set the organization up for success.
The responsibilities of the Deputy Director of Quality and Accreditation include, but are not limited to the following:
• Engaged Teams – Defining, setting and communicating clear metrics and key performance indicators (KPI’s) for the Quality and Accreditation program, accreditations, international programs, technical resources and transaction certificate services; evaluating overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics; building, inspiring and motivating the team to provide exceptional service and deliver innovative solutions; overseeing all OTCO accreditations to facilitate continuous recognition of the OTCO program; developing and overseeing annual auditing plan (internal and external) to ensure completion and implementation of appropriate recommendations; ensuring organizational alignment on goals by engaging with other departments, assessing needs and supporting buy-in and execution; and conducting appropriate performance management, including writing performance reviews, mentoring, coaching and developing staff; and partnering with Human Resources on the hiring and termination of employees.
• Empowered Clients – Overseeing accreditation reporting and site visits for all of OTCO’s accreditation schemes to ensure positive accreditation audits; overseeing complaints and investigations to ensure timely and quality resolutions; reviewing financial information relevant to quality and accreditation, and making appropriate adjustments to promote profitability; ensuring exceptional customer service with a high level of quality and integrity within the team; and listening to and translating the needs of clients to assist in solving problems and effectively developing teams.
• Exemplary Leadership – Building, engaging and leading high performing teams to create a strong technical base of experience; partnering with key stakeholders across the organization (Team Comm, IT and Education) to develop new initiatives supporting certification capacity and performance; in partnership with the Deputy Director of Certification Services and the Certification Director, providing leadership in the holistic process of certification; establishing and overseeing a quality system to manage the certification program’s formal policies and procedures, clients and contractors as appropriate; partnering with certification to ensure all policies and procedures are clear, well documented, and staff properly trained; maintaining uncompromising integrity and compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements; and role-modeling diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Bachelor’s degree in agricultural or food sciences and minimum 7 years’ experience working specifically in certification standards work
• Thorough understanding of, and ability to clearly communicate, state, federal, international and private certification standards and procedures
• Extensive experience in leadership and certification with a service mindset, collaborative approach, and demonstrated ability to engage in difficult conversations
• Proven ability to think strategically and work cross-functionally while managing multiple projects
• Strong, conscious, self-aware, emotionally intelligent, transparent leader who genuinely cares about team and individual professional development
• Demonstrated ability to provide clear communication both written and verbal
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions under pressure and time constraints
• Ability to develop and implement new systems as required by growth and changes in the industry
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications accepted through January 15, 2021