The Organic Farming Research Foundation (OFRF) is a national non-profit organization working to foster the improvement and widespread adoption of organic farming systems. Since our founding in 1990 OFRF has sponsored organic farming research, education, outreach, to support organic and transitioning farmers across North America. This work is complemented by efforts to share our findings with policy makers, agricultural institutions, and federal agencies that can use the results to implement broader change and help to advance the sector. OFRF envisions a future where organic farming is the leading form of agriculture.
OFRF is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Development Associate to support our fundraising initiatives. This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits, based out of our home office in Santa Cruz, California.
The Development Associate reports to the Development Officer and supports foundation relationships and proposals; donor stewardship; corporate sponsorships and grants; special events; direct mail, and online giving.
The Development Associate works closely with OFRF’s small but dynamic staff to implement an effective fundraising plan to meet and grow the annual operating budget. We are looking for someone with a demonstrated ability to show initiative, achieve goals, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Work with the Development Team to:
• Create and implement annual fundraising plans.
• Support Executive Director, key staff, and board members in donor cultivation and stewardship.
• Co-manage development calendars, including tracking grant deliverables.
• Utilize and maintain Salesforce donor database to ensure record keeping is current and accurate.
• Maintaining donor files, including processing thank you letters and facilitating communications.
• Support design and execution of diverse fundraising campaigns, including development related communications.
• Conduct foundation and corporate research and prospecting.
• Manage fundraising event logistics.
• Assist with writing and submitting grant applications, updates, and reports to funders.
• Research and document the current trends in philanthropy, donor stewardship best practices, and use of fundraising tools.
• Provide occasional administrative support such as answering phones, responding to email and other office duties, as well as other tasks, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a versatile development professional possessing a minimum of 2-4 years of philanthropic development experience illustrating a successful history in raising funds through a range of activities.
• Demonstrated ability to show initiative, achieve goals, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Relational database and email management experience (Salesforce and MailChimp strongly preferred).
• History in the non-profit sector.
• Willingness to travel occasionally.
• Outstanding communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Strong commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the Organic Farming Research Foundation.
• Familiarity with issues and challenges in organic agriculture and passion to make organic the leading form of agriculture in the U.S.
Submit your complete packet with “OFRF Development Associate” in subject line via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified applicants should submit:
• A cover letter stating your interest, qualifications, and salary requirements.
• A resume outlining your skills and experience.
Please visit http://www.ofrf.org to learn more about the Organic Farming Research Foundation.
This position will remain open until filled.
Organic Farming Research Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.