Root Cause Farm Development & Outreach Coordinator Job posting:
Root Cause Farm is a 501c3 non-profit organization growing community solutions to hunger. Our vision is toward a just, equitable, and resilient food system where all types of hunger are nourished. We use food as a means of connection and action, growing organic produce on our land and distributing it at our farm as well as through local partner organizations. Our farm is
also space to nourish the relationships that meet the deepest human needs for community, justice, connection, and hope.
Root Cause Farm seeks a dynamic, motivated networker and communicator to steward the development, fundraising, and outreach of our non-profit in cooperation with the Board of Directors. The Development Coordinator is responsible for conscientious stewardship of our loyal donor base, development of new supporters, collaborative fundraising, and some community outreach. Training in and commitment to social justice and sustainable agriculture
We are seeking someone with leadership and strategic thinking skills to engage existing and new donors through relationship building and clear communications. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, possess thorough administrative skills and be well versed in community engagement through values and vision sharing. This position requires independent thinking and self direction alongside community, staff, and board engagement through social media, written and oral communications, and collaborative, participatory leadership.
This position is 20-25 hours/week (depending on candidate) and pays $18/hour. Flexible work schedule and paid time off.
Job duties include the following:
Fundraising and Donor Engagement
● Provide leadership in creative and logistical planning and production of annual
fundraising campaigns (social media, annual appeal mailing, and coordinated messaging)
● Coordinate ongoing donor development in partnership with the Board of Directors and
● Provide the staff lead to the Fundraising Committee
● Collaborate with Fundraising and Communications Committee on grant strategy
including prospective grants identification, writing, and goals
● Participation in and advancement of equity in all aspects of development
Donor & Grants Management
● Data management (donor and volunteer account maintenance, tracking of grants and donations, general records. Software is Neon CRM)
● Manage donor acknowledgement and steward donor relationships in cooperation with the Board Chair or other Board representatives.
● Collaborate with Board and Staff to manage Root Cause Farm’s social media
● Collaborate with Board and Staff to prepare and send e-newsletters
● Coordinate volunteers in cooperation with the Farm Manager and Board of Directors
● Provide website volunteer management oversight, support, and maintenance
● Collaborate to publicize events and fundraising campaigns via diverse platforms
● Co-Coordinate and attend regular meetings with other staff
● Attend committee meetings
● Option to attend monthly board meetings
● Administrative duties such as note taking and document editing, as capacity allows
While there are no specific educational requirements, RCF seeks a dynamic team member with relevant experience in non profit management, donor relations, and communications.
Send a cover letter and resume titled: Last Name_First Name_RCF_Resume (or Letter)