The Homeless Garden Project (HGP) is a 501c3 non-profit in Santa Cruz CA that provides job training, transitional employment and support services to people experiencing homelessness.
HGP is seeking a Director of Operations to lead a cross functional team with responsibility for the Finance, Farm Operations, Retail Enterprise and Volunteer Coordination of the organization. The Director of Operations reports to the Executive Director and will manage a staff of approximately ten people initially, growing to fifteen. The HGP is in the process of moving from a temporary 3.5-acre location to a permanent home with 9 acres and multiple buildings. This will lead to a tripling of the level of activity over the next 5 years. This is a major transformation for the organization and we are looking for the right individual to lead the transition as well as manage ongoing operations.
Annual salary range of $70,000 – 80,000 for this full-time position is available to well-qualified applicants, plus health benefits, and generous paid time off.
- Lead and develop a cooperative team environment that is respectful, communicative, and accountable
- Drive the multi-year Business Plan, with focus on annual review and adjustments
- Ensure successful transition of operations to permanent farm location
- Drive continuous improvement and optimize operational and financial metrics
- Develop and manage annual budget, including monthly/quarterly financial analysis and reporting. Ensure efficiency of financial systems and processes.
- Ensure the profitability of the Retail Enterprise, including facilities management and efficient production
- Drive increased productivity in Farm operations while ensuring excellent stewardship of the land
- Provide direction and guidance for the 2000+ volunteers who support the HGP each year
- Ensure implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures; payroll, benefits, performance metrics
- Effectively communicate key program outcomes and insights; Board of Director presentations, newsletters, web presence
- 5-8 years’ experience in operation management
- Strong and proven project management skills on multi-million dollar projects
- Executive level written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Management experience in non-profit sector is beneficial
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to Executive Director, Darrie Ganzhorn, at email@example.com Please include the title of the job in the subject line.