Edible Gardener & Installer
Homestead Design Collective is looking for both Edible Maintenance Gardeners and Installers. The positions are full time. Pay starts at $20/hr and up (DOE). Benefits include health insurance.
· Working knowledge of growing organic vegetables and fruit in the Bay Area climate, succession planting, harvesting, soil prep, and organic pest control and fertilizers
· Familiarity with in-ground and raised bed irrigation systems (drip and micro spray) and commonly used irrigation system timers
· "Can-do" attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed; we are a small but highly efficient company where we all wear many hats
· Friendly and respectful attitude; you will be interacting with clients with a range of needs and knowledge of organic gardening
· Ability to work alone and as part of a crew
· Basic writing and computer skills to write follow up emails to our clients and record detailed notes using Google Docs
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
· 2+ years organic farming and/or gardening and irrigation experience
· Must have a valid CA driver’s license and regular access to a working vehicle (we are based in the East Bay, but have clients throughout the Bay Area)
· Working cell phone (smart phone/iPhone a definite plus)
· Computer/laptop (for access to documents that are difficult to view/edit on a mobile device)
· Ability to lift 45 lbs.
Please submit your name, contact info, work history and job experience as it relates to the desired skills listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be ready to provide references.