Homestead Design Collective, a San Francisco Bay Area landscape design firm specializing in aesthetic, edible and low water gardening, is looking for an Edible Maintenance Gardener. The position is part-time, three to four days a week, with the possibility of full-time for the right fit. Pay is $20 per hour.
· Working knowledge of growing organic vegetables and fruit in the Bay Area climate, succession planting, harvesting, soil prep, and organic pest control and fertilizers
· Familiarity with in-ground and raised bed irrigation systems (drip and micro spray) and commonly used irrigation system timers
· "Can-do" attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
· Friendly and respectful attitude; you will be interacting with clients with a range of needs and knowledge of organic gardening
· Ability to work alone and as part of a crew
· Basic writing and computer skills to write follow up emails to our clients and record detailed notes
· 2+ years organic farming and/or gardening experience, fine gardening experience a plus
· Must have a valid CA driver’s license and regular access to a working vehicle (we are based in the East Bay, but have clients throughout the Bay Area)
· Working cell phone (smart phone/iPhone a definite plus)
· Ability to lift 45 lbs.
Submit your name, contact info and work history, as it relates to the desired skills and requirements above, to email@example.com - please be ready to provide references.