Organizational Overview: CCOF advances organic agriculture for a healthy world. We advocate on behalf of our members for organic policies, support the growth of organic through education and grants, and provide organic certification that is personal and accessible. For more information about CCOF, please visit www.ccof.org.
CCOF (California Certified Organic Farmers) is a nonprofit organization governed by the people who grow and make our food. Founded in California more than 40 years ago, our roots now span the breadth of North America, and our presence is internationally recognized. We are supported by an organic family of farmers, ranchers, processors, retailers, consumers, and policymakers. Together, we work to realize a future where organic is the norm.
The Education Manager runs educational program activities for the CCOF Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 charitable organization. CCOF’s education program operates in both English and Spanish.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Education Manager is responsible for the primary design and execution of all education programs. The goal of CCOF’s education program is to provide information, mentorship, and technical support to the existing (and prospective) community of organic producers. The Education Manager will be responsible for all aspects of program execution, including program and curricular design, partner relationship management, promotion, event logistics, evaluation, and other duties as needed. Programs may include but are not limited to workshops, webinars, field days, trainings, technical assistance, development of physical and virtual educational tools, and farmer-to-farmer mentorship. Frequently, CCOF’s education programs are co-created and implemented in partnership with organic professionals and other organizations. The Foundation Education Manager supports the Foundation in fostering positive relationships with program participants, members, and external partners. They work collaboratively with the entire Foundation team and other CCOF departments to further CCOF’s mission of advancing organic agriculture for a healthy world.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Program Manager. This is a California-based remote position that will require occasional travel throughout the year.
Providing Organic Education for Professionals
• Co-develops and implements annual work plan for the CCOF Foundation’s Educational Programing, in coordination with the Program Manager
• Designs and manages all CCOF educational events including creating yearly calendar of activities and staff responsibility matrix
• Serves as educational-content lead for education-related activities- including creating goals, outcomes, and strategies for all education programs
• Oversees all events related to CCOF’s education programs, including but not limited to field days, webinars, classes, podcasts, and video production
• Supervises support staff and contractors for CCOF’s education programs
• Manages teams of project partners to develop and implement educational programming
• In collaboration with an external evaluator, develops and executes program evaluations
• Collects, maintains, and analyses evaluation data. Writes evaluation and grant reports
• Creates and maintains meaningful partnerships with agricultural organizations to cultivate opportunity for collaboration on educational events
• Coordinates and facilitates quarterly Farmer Educator Network meetings
• Maintains organized and thorough records of event budgets, registration, organization, and evaluation
• Establish and maintain work instructions for internal processes related to this position and CCOF educational programs
Other Foundation Program Activities
• Coordinates with other CCOF departments to integrate Foundation Educational offerings
• Participate as needed in other program activities of the CCOF Foundation
• Occasional travel for educational, technical assistance, or other events for CCOF Foundation programs
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of three years’ experience in educational program design and management
• In depth knowledge and understanding of organic food and agriculture
• Understanding of the agricultural education landscape for producers in the US
• Strong project management and people management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Written and verbal fluency in the Spanish language
• Solid client and partner relationship building skills
• Outstanding skills to prioritize, monitor, and track activities
• Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to collaborate across departments
• Proactive and self-directed
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a dynamic environment
• Excellent computer/technical skills (MS Office Suite required, Salesforce a plus)
• Positive, can-do attitude
• Ability to work in partnership, inspire, and motivate others
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Ability to lift 25lbs. from ground to waist
• Experience in coaching others in curriculum development and implementation and in written communications
• Experience working with project partners with varying levels of comfort with technology
Compensation: CCOF takes pride in offering competitive pay and benefits such as superb health plans, 401(k) program, and generous sick/personal and vacation time. The Education Manager’s starting salary range will be $69,000 - $90,000 and will depend on qualifications and experience.
Hiring Process: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants, please submit the following documents to email@example.com with “Education Manager” in the subject line:
• Cover letter summarizing your interest in CCOF and the position, and qualifications
• Current resume
• List of three professional references
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
CCOF is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.