Cloud Mountain Farm Center (CMFC), located in Everson, WA, seeks an Education Manager who will manage CMFC’s Internship and New Farmer Incubator program. We are looking for an individual interested in working in a fast paced, multifaceted production and education-oriented environment. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, well organized, and solution-oriented, with a positive can-do attitude. We are seeking someone with flexibility that can work independently and as a team player when needed.
Responsible for leading the planning and implementation of the Intern and New Farmer Incubator programs. This individual will also be responsible for further development of the curriculum. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Work with the education committee to create, update and administer internship curriculum;
• Schedule, manage, and coordinate classes, instructors, and field trips and communicate that schedule;
• Administrate hiring of inters, including writing descriptions and posting/promoting appropriately, schedule interviews and communicate with candidates;
• Develop resource materials for curriculum enhancement;
• Communicate with other farmers, volunteers, and the larger community;
• Coordinate with the education committee to develop curriculum for the Center’s existing Community Workshops and the Farmer Round Table Series;
• Work in the field as a team lead to connect and reinforce the lessons of the classroom;
• Be the liaison between staff and inters;
• Contribute to a positive, innovative, and highly productive organizational culture; and
• Facilitate relationships with partner farms and offsite inters
• A four-year degree in a field of study related to education or agriculture or equivalent experience;
• High proficiency with Microsoft applications and cloud-based programs such as Google Drive;
• Excellent communication skills, in person and over the phone;
• Excellent writing skills; attention to detail combined with an ability to see the big picture; and
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities; be entrepreneurial, flexible, and a team player.
• Master’s Degree in Education, Agriculture or other related field of study;
• Familiarity with Pacific Northwest Agriculture.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to: jane@ cloudmountainfarmcenter.org