The Emerging Leaders Board (ELB) exists with the goal of empowering and engaging the next generation of environmental leaders in Oregon. This is a statewide ambassador board opportunity with a focus on outreach, education, and advocacy to engage the young professional leaders of today.
1. The ELB will plan and execute two to three events and/or projects per year with a focus on outreach, education, and advocacy. These events are creative, fun, and advance the mission of OEC.
2. ELB members will attend monthly (virtual) board meetings from September to May to plan and execute the ELB projects and events, learn from OEC staff about our high priority programmatic work that is pushing our mission forward, and network with OEC staff, partners, and other ELB members. The meetings will generally be during lunch or in the evening, depending on the ELB members’ availability.
3. We estimate that the responsibilities of ELB membership typically require an average of 5-10 hours per month.
1. ELB members are a team of ~21-35 year olds who share the mission and values of OEC, have a strong interest in environmental protection, and are ready to take the next step in their professional leadership.
2. You have experience or feel passionately about: environmental progress (water, climate, toxics, transportation, etc.), advocacy/organizing, policy and law, media and public relations, political strategy, the natural sciences, public health, financial management and investment, fundraising, social justice, sustainable business, organizational development and management, or education.
3. You have an interest in serving on a non-profit board in the future, and want to build your network and gain hands-on experience with a non-profit board’s work, including, organizational structure, fundraising, events, and program