Everyone’s Harvest (EH) brings people and healthy food together! The nonprofit’s mission is to provide access to healthy, affordable fruits and vegetables through certified farmers’ markets and community food programs. Our vision is for every community to have a fair and sustainable food system. Employees will be given insight into nonprofits and a deeper understanding of our food system.
The Executive Director (ED) is the key management leader of Everyone’s Harvest. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization.
The ED is also responsible for the daily operation of the Farmer’s Markets and other key duties include marketing, community outreach and supporting fundraising. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors and supervises all other staff and special project volunteers. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position that will require 40+ hours per week to include variable hours/days and may involve weekends.
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to Everyone’s Harvest’s mission, vision, and goals. All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience.
● Education: Highly desirable Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; advanced college degree preferred.
● Management experience with a track record of effectively leading outcomes-based projects.
● Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, develop high-performance teams, and set/achieve strategic objectives.
● Strong public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
● Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
● Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
● Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
● Spanish language proficiency is strongly preferred.
● Small Business Skills
● Logistical or Project Management Skills
● Grant Management Experience - Program Development, Tracking, and Evaluation
● Development Experience - Donor and Grant Fundraising
● Farmers’ Market Experience, Farming Experience, Vending or Sales Experience
● Marketing or Communications Experience
● Accounting Skills
● Time Management and Organizational Skills
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.