The Executive Director reports to the IFOAM North America (IFOAM NA) Board of Directors to implement the IFOAM NA Strategic Plan within the budget approved by the Board, to represent IFOAM in various venues; and to execute all other tasks required to fulfill IFOAM NA’s mission and implement its strategic plan.
• Six-month contract, with possible six-month renewal.
• Compensation: $6,000 maximum.
• Contractor to provide own office space, computer, phone, internet, and office supplies.
• Legal status to work in the US and Canada.
• Travel required.
o Board management: meeting coordination and communications.
o Develop and implement funding strategy and plan in concert with budget growth and development plan.
o Comply with regulatory requirements and filing.
o Financial reporting and budget oversight.
o Develop and implement a membership recruitment strategy to double membership and revenue.
o Diversify geographic reach within North America.
o Organize and coordinate annual membership meeting.
• Outreach and Education
o Represent IFOAM NA at events in Canada and US.
o Develop and implement outreach plan to provide for coordinated educational activities.
o Develop and implement strategy for online communication and engagement.
• Demonstrated commitment to IFOAM principles and organic agriculture.
• Experience with membership recruitment.
• Minimum three years-experience in fundraising and grant writing.
• Minimum three years-experience in non-profit management.
• Proven English language communication skills.
• Working familiarity with computer systems.
• An understanding of Canadian-US international relations pertaining to organic agriculture.
• Proficiency in French or Spanish is an asset.
To apply please submit a cover letter proposing how you would advance IFOAM’s priorities and implement the activities above, including the basis for compensation and evaluation, a resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contract will be open until filled.