Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for
implementing the mission of Native Seeds/SEARCH, establishing and achieving major
goals and objectives for the organization, and has overall day to day operational
responsibility. The Executive Director represents the Organization to the community,
partner organizations, supporters, and the general public. (More details available on the NS/S website)
Direct and oversee short and long-term strategies to achieve organizational objectives.
Develop and nurture an engaged workforce (staff and volunteers) committed to achievement of Native Seeds/SEARCH goals.
Ensure the financial health of the organization and oversee the wise utilization of our resources.
BA or higher in Natural Resource Management, Sustainable Agriculture,
Nonprofit Management, or related field
• 8+ years of management experience, including non-profit management
• Experience with strategic planning, budgeting, financial management, and
• Demonstrated proficiency in fundraising, including grants, major gifts, and
• Cross-cultural collaboration experience, preferably with Indigenous communities
• Committed to justice, diversity, equity and inclusion
• Practices a collaborative approach which respects other people’s viewpoints
and skills, combined with good listening and communication skills
• Values diversity and helps to create an organizational culture that
appreciates and respects differences
• Displays integrity, self-confidence, persuasiveness, decisiveness, and creativity
All applications should be submitted electronically to the Chair of the Search
Applications must include a cover letter in which the applicant states why they are
interested in the position and how their expertise and experience qualify them for the
position; a current CV or resume; and a list of at least 3 professional references--who
must be colleagues in their field, senior staff who have reported to them, or
collaborators--with contact information. These references must have direct experience
with them as leaders/managers or have adequate professional knowledge of their work
to be able to provide a letter documenting the reference's knowledge of the applicant's
experience and expertise. Letters from these individuals will be requested by the
Search Committee Chair.