We are seeking a full-time, experienced farmer to support vegetable production at the farm. Ideal
candidates are self-motivated, detail oriented, enjoy working in a group, and are motivated to streamline
workflow. The work is mostly physical, but requires a sharp mind, good judgment, and a great sense of
humor. There are opportunities to participate in farm events, educational activities, and various other
projects at the Cooperative.
• Primary responsibilities will be working with the Farm Manager and the rest of the team on the
o Crop planning
o Executing plantings
o Irrigation scheduling
o Coordinating field work with the rest of the crew
o Coordinating harvests with the pack shed lead
o Coordinating with the greenhouse lead
o Record keeping and budgeting
o Ordering supplies for field production
• Work will include, but not be limited to, greenhouse propagation, bed preparation and fertility,
planting, cultivating, irrigating, harvesting, packing, and cleanup
• Work may include deliveries and occasional driving off farm
• Be an active participant in the governance of the cooperative
• Other duties, as necessary
• 3+ years of prior farm work with small or medium scale mixed vegetable farms
• Detail oriented and fast learner
• Self-motivated and able to streamline workflow
• Ability to work efficiently alone or in a group
• Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work with a diverse group of people
• Ability to keep clear, handwritten and electronic records
• Positive attitude in all types of weather
• Experience with a wide range of tools and equipment. Tractor experience a plus
• Willingness to participate in a startup environment where it will be necessary to wear many “hats” at
• Commitment to cooperative principals.
• Organized and thorough
• Sense of humor
• Strong love of food, nutrition and healthy local economies
• Experience driving a large delivery van a plus
• Spanish language skills a plus
• Experience with and/or interest in perennial crops and livestock a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, climb and reach.
• Regularly lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions, often for long durations.
• Capable of performing repetitive tasks with endurance.
This is a full-time hourly position starting as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted on a rolling
Reports to: Farm Manager
Working Hours: Expect a seasonally flexible work week averaging 40 hours/week over the course of the
Compensation: Commensurate with experience (our internal minimum wage is currently $11.25/hour but
will rise to $13.10/hour on July 1st). Our Table is committed to paying food system workers a living wage
as defined by the MIT Living Wage Calculator. In keeping with the spirit of our values, our policy also
stipulates a narrow wage range that limits our maximum wage to no more than twice our internal minimum
MEMBERSHIP IN COOPERATIVE
All employees of Our Table Cooperative who work more than an average of 21 hours
per week are eligible for membership in the cooperative under the worker
membership class after completing one full year of employment and meeting various other criteria as
defined in the cooperative’s bylaws.
Candidates should write a short cover letter explaining their interest in the position and email it to
email@example.com accompanied by a resume and three references. Short-listed candidates will need to
travel to the farm for a site visit and interviews at their own expense. Applications will continue to be
accepted until the position is filled.