The Dry Creek General Store, est.1881, is seeking a Farm Assistant. Our General Store is focused on carrying the highest quality food and delivering unparalleled customer service. We grow as much of our own produce as possible on our half acre of rich Dry Creek soil in order to supply our farm-to-table deli. We are looking for someone dependable, honest, hard working and detail oriented to join our small and devoted staff and contribute to our positive environment. The Farm Assistant will work directly with our Farm Manager.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining landscaping for General Store grounds
- Planting, weeding, harvesting, watering, seeding, and cultivation
- Arranging seasonal cut flower bouquets for sale in our store
-Creating and maintaining attractive produce displays for decoration as well as sale
-Some assistance in the kitchen with preserving our harvest by drying, canning, pickling, freezing and even testing new recipes
-Communicating regularly with our Store Manager and Head Chef
- Interest in food and desire to learn
- Strong verbal communication and cooperation skills
- Ability to work independently
-Must have a passion for sustainable farming and farm to table food
- Must be able to work in the heat and cold and be physically capable for farm work
- Ability to lift at least 35 lbs.
- Farming experience is preferred but not necessary
No experience necessary, just a willingness to learn and passion for farming/gardening. This position will start as part time and increase to full time during summer and comes with the opportunity for crossover work in our deli. A passion for what we do will be welcomed by the opportunity to grow with us as we expand our farm and our menu offerings.
Email resume to email@example.com