Backyard Gardens, an established farm and catering business in Joseph, OR, seeks farm crew members for 2020 and beyond. Learn the ins and outs of high elevation, small market gardening on our 1.5 acre diverse vegetable market garden, located in the fertile valley of the beautiful Wallowa mountains, where we grow quality produce for our rural community through a local farmers market, a CSA, restaurants, other wholesale accounts, as well as our catering business.
Plant propagation, bed preparation, seeding, transplanting, weed management, fertility management, irrigation, harvesting and marketing
• Some past farm experience helpful but not required
• Physically fit with the ability to work at a quick pace
• Self-motivated, hard working, good team player
• A good sense of humor, flexible, reliable, responsible, and most importantly, someone with whom we can work and play well.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following:
• Position you are applying for
• Relevant past work experience, including duties and responsibilities
• Your goals relating to agriculture
• Other related skills (i.e. carpentry, computer, small engine repair…)
• Something interesting about yourself not related to agriculture
• 3 references
• Dates of availability