Founded in 2007, we are the original no-till, agroecological, intense and diversified market farm. Since 2010, we have implemented and taught our award-winning no-till methodology globally. As a result, we have tremendously rich, nutrient dense soil with high, stable soil carbon levels. We grow a wide variety of vegetables, fruit and flowers year round for sale through local farmers’ markets, our CSA, and restaurants. Our farm consists of 2.5 acres of intensive production on a beautiful 8 acre property with supporting hedgerows, ponds, and bountiful wildlife.
Singing Frogs Farm has openings for our awesome Farm Crew as well as a Farm Manager to join our year-round vegetable production team starting soon. Our team consists of a wide variety of full and part-time farm crew members who are experienced, highly self-motivated, work well in teams or alone, are responsible for managing and problem solving the many aspects of daily farm work and have fun together.
Farm Crew tasks and Farm Manager oversight include, but are not limited to:
- Intensive, No-Till Bed Clearing, Preparation & Transplanting
- Harvesting, Washing & Packing
- Farmers’ Markets Sales
- Nursery Propagation
- Irrigation Systems Management
- Maintenance of barn, greenhouse, hoop houses, hedgerows, fruit trees, etc.
- Experience working on a small scale farm with no-till experience preferred
- Experience managing a small scale vegetable operation (for farm manager)
- Proven history working with and training others in food production (for farm manager)
- Strong communication skills
- Open to learning new systems
- Flexible, dynamic and a self-starter
- Able to move quickly and effectively
- Able to make independent decisions and yet work well in groups
- Hard-working, competent and task-oriented
- Able to do physical work under a wide variety of weather conditions
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Able to get stuff done!
To be considered for this position, please send a resume, list of relevant references, and short cover letter focusing on your interest in and skills specifically related to work at Singing Frogs Farm. Candidates being considered for the position will be interviewed, then invited to the farm for a paid one or two day working interview. There will be a 30 day trial period followed by a review. Pay starts at $16-22 per hour depending on position, responsibilities and prior experience.
Housing may be available.
Please send your applications via e-mail to: info [at] singingfrogsfarm.com
Singing Frogs Farm practices affirmative action to recruit and advance qualified people of color, women and LGBTQ people.