Seeking farm crew members! Live Power Community Farm is a biodynamic farm with a rich history in beautiful Northern California. As well as a large vegetable garden, the farm is home to horses, cows, sheep, chickens, and pigs. We host frequent 3-4 day school class visits during the spring and fall, connecting children to the soil, the plants, the animals and the system that feeds hearts, minds, and bodies. The farm crew will participate full time in the daily running of the farm, learn how to care for the many animals and vegetable garden, and engage school children in farming life. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to learn about small scale farming with animals and believes in the importance of connecting children with the bounty of nature who cares for and supports them.
This is a full-time position with time off on weekends. We are looking for a minimum commitment of 6 months, and longer stays are welcome.
Room and board provided. WIFI available. Monthly stipend.
For more information about the farm, visit http://www.livepower.org/.
Farm crew members will participate in all aspects of the farm, including but not limited to:
- care of animals (feeding, milking cows, brushing horses, herding animals, shearing sheep, setting fences for grazing)
- garden care (crop planning, watering, bed prep, sowing and planting, trellising, weeding, harvesting)
- school class visits (leading groups of school children in farm activities)
- compost making (collecting manure and crop residue materials, building piles, adding biodynamic preparations)
- general farm operation and maintenance (irrigation, repairing fences and tools, fruit tree pruning)
Previous farming experience is a plus, but not required. We appreciate communication and a willingness to learn.
To apply, please contact Gloria Decater at 707-983-8196 or email email@example.com.