Mighty Greens Farm is a small, family-run farm in Elburn, IL. We grow using organic farming methods and sell direct-to-consumer. One heated greenhouse and 4 unheated greenhouses allow us to continue to grow through the winter. Must be flexible and willing to lend a hand for the many projects that come up.
Part-time position starting immediately. Possibility of leading to a full-time position by April/May.
Hourly - $14
Working Days: MWF 9am-4pm
Essential Duties include but not limited to:
• Harvesting and packaging vegetables
• Sowing of micro and petite greens, soil-blocking and seed starting
• Watering greenhouse
• Ensure quality standards and health safety of all farm and greenhouse cultivation and harvesting practices, maintenance of farm
• Be receptive to learning new methods of farming
• Assist with various additional projects and work-related errands as needed
This position requires typical physical demands for farm labor, such as walking, standing, reaching, stooping, squatting, lifting up to 50lbs and working indoors and outdoors in cold, hot or wet conditions on uneven surfaces. Must have reliable transportation.
Experience is preferred, but willing to train the right applicant.
Please email resume to email@example.com and tell us why you want to work for Mighty Greens Farm