Founded in 2007, Singing Frogs Farm is a multi-award winning, agroecological, no-till, intensive and regenerative vegetable farm located in Sebastopol, Sonoma County, California. We grow a wide variety of vegetables year round for sale through Farmers’ Markets, our CSA, and local Restaurants. Our farm consists of 3 acres of intensive production on a beautiful 8 acre property complete with hedgerows, ponds, and bountiful wildlife.
Singing Frogs Farm has an opening for full-time Farm Crew members to join our year-round vegetable production team starting next February and March. Strong candidates will have the opportunity to take on responsibility and management during their first year. Our team consists of a wide variety of full and part-time farm crew members who are experienced, highly self-motivated, work well in teams or alone, and are responsible for managing and problem solving the many aspects of daily farm work. Farm crew members are responsible for tasks including, but not limited to:
- Bed Clearing, Preparation & Transplanting
- Harvesting, Washing & Packing
- Marketing at Farmers’ Markets
- Nursery Propagation
- Irrigation Systems Management
- Maintenance of barn, greenhouse, hoop houses
Our intensive production system means that we spend very little time on field maintenance (such as pest or weed control) and almost all of our time on production. Almost every day includes harvesting, bed clearing, bed preparation and transplanting. The work can be physically and mentally demanding, but each crew member cycles through a variety of jobs each day to keep our bodies healthy and our minds engaged.
The ideal candidate to join our awesome Farm Crew would be:
- Experienced in small scale vegetable production (at least 1 season preferred)
- Open to learning new systems
- Flexible, dynamic and a self-starter
- Able to move quickly and effectively
- Able to make independent decisions and yet work well in groups
- Hard-working, competent and task-oriented
- Able to do physical work under a wide variety of weather conditions
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Able to get stuff done!
To be considered for this position, please send a resume, list of relevant references, and short cover letter focusing on your interest in and skills specifically related to work at Singing Frogs Farm to info [at] singingfrogsfarm.com
Candidates being considered for the position will be interviewed, then invited to the farm for a paid one or two day working interview. For those with good farming experience starts at $15/hr. Some housing is available.