Job Description: Mama Tee’s is looking for two dedicated and responsible farm crew members to assist with vegetable production and distribution, livestock management, and general farm management.
The positions could include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- All aspects of a diversified vegetable and fruit production: weeding, planting, cultivating, propagating, tilling, irrigating (overhead and drip line), harvesting, etc.
- Routine care and cleaning of all farm equipment
- CSA processing, packing, loading, and delivery to drop-off sites
- Packing, loading and selling goods for Farmer’s Markets
- General farm maintenance (upkeep of barn and greenhouse, mowing, organizing, etc)
- Record keeping
- Weekly planner sessions and communication daily with farm managers
- Animal husbandry (including feeding animals, milking goats, opening/closing chicken coops, collecting and washing eggs, cleaning animal quarters, etc)
- Pasture livestock management and care
- Experience in all of the above preferred
- Experience working, volunteering, or interning on a farm previously preferred
- Passion for sustainable agriculture, vegetables, and animals
- Community-oriented, with excellent communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible to dynamic and sometimes stressful conditions
- Ability to work independently and as a team, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and self-motivated
- Ability to lift ~50lbs and work in inclement weather conditions
- Ability to follow safety protocols for all aspects of safe produce, egg, and meat distribution (including wearing masks while around the customers)
- Willingness to take instruction and learn new skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and your own transportation is preferred (especially if living on-site)
This position is currently seasonal through mid-October, but could be extended. Position includes produce and other farm goods, if available, each week. There is shared studio housing for members on-site with a rent of $300/mo (trade for part or all of rent could be possible). Hours vary 20-30hrs/wk, with evening and weekend work likely. $11.50 an hour with a 50 cent raise in July. Please send cover letter expressing your interest and experience of working in sustainable agriculture, resume, and two references to email@example.com with “Seasonal Farm Crew Member” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the positions (2) are filled. Please visit www.mamateesfarm.com to find out more about the farm.