After a hiatus due to COVID-19, Spannocchia (Tuscany, Italy) is extremely excited to be relaunching our Farm Internship Program. Applications are now being accepted for all 2022 sessions.
For over 25 years, Spannocchia’s farm internship program has been dedicated to enriching lives by providing participants with a unique educational experience on a community-oriented organic farm in Tuscany, Italy. Through involvement in the daily operations of Spannocchia as well as additional enrichment activities, interns learn about regenerative farming and animal care, conservation, maintenance and restoration, Italian language, and local cultural history. Interns come from all over the world, and many go on to have fulfilling careers in sustainable farming, food, or environmental fields.
For detailed information, session dates and deadlines, and to apply, please visit our website: https://www.spannocchia.org/internships/.
- Three 3-month internship sessions are held annually: Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Eight interns per session work alongside Italian farm staff to help run Tenuta di Spannocchia, a diversified organic farm and agritourism with roots dating back to the 13th century.
- Interns also spend a portion of their time participating in various planned educational activities, including topical presentations, field trips, and Italian classes.
- Interns range in age and life experience, but must be between 18 and 35 years old during their session.
- We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity. We commit to ensure that all individuals are treated equitably, to recognize the value of a diverse internship group, and to welcome the unique perspective and life experience that each intern brings to the program.
- To prioritize the health and safety of the entire Spannocchia community, we are currently requiring all interns to be fully vaccinated before the start of their internship session. Thank you for your understanding!
- Complete an application form and submit three letters of reference. Please see links on our website for the application and reference forms (https://www.spannocchia.org/internships/)
- The application deadline for the spring session is November 26, 2021. Summer and Fall sessions have later deadlines. Please see our website for all application and notification deadlines.
- If selected for an interview, we will contact you and set up a Zoom meeting.