• FM is responsible for creating asset value through the execution and operations of the proposed farm project. With limited guidance from the General Manger (GM), the FM manages all aspects of the project related to planting, growing, harvesting and processing.
• FM is responsible for reporting on progress, variances and pro forma to the GM.
• The FM will report dually to the GM and the Management Board of the Company.
Planning & Development:
• FM optimizes day-to-day operations and makes adjustments as needed.
• Carries out the development and execution of the proposed farm plan. With limited guidance from the GM, manages contractors, capital projects, and other activities.
• Develops and implements overall farm plan including: plant and seed sourcing, soil/waste/water/energy management, planting, irrigation, pest and weed management, and tree management and harvesting.
Financial Management & Reporting:
• Provides updates to, and reports on, progress of the project, budget variance and project pro formas.
• Manages the relationship with assigned partners, contractors, and other team members and reports on activities.
Project Management & Operations:
• Develops and implements day-to-day operations including: hiring farm team and general staff oversight, crop and harvest management, processing and value add production, crop storage and shipment, and capital equipment purchases/leases and maintenance.
• FM is responsible for working collaboratively with a variety of internal and external partners. May prepare and manage Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) for consultants, contractors and suppliers.
• Directly supports the GM to ensure timely execution of the project.
• Develops and maintains project plans and tracking reports.
Partnership & Community Relations:
• Assists with community relations efforts in the region.
• May attend community meetings and assist with presentations to groups including neighborhood boards, public officials and business associations.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Demonstrated project management skills on multi-year, $2-10 million dollar projects.
• Effective at leveraging relationships (internal and external) to break down barriers, share information and promote effective teamwork.
• Strong understanding of budgeting and variance reports. Demonstrated ability to read and report on budgets and project pro formas.
• Knowledge of Hawaii and working knowledge of practical farm operations such as: planting, irrigation, fertilizing, and harvesting of crops. Work history in the agriculture industry and general mechanical and automotive skills are preferred.
• Excellent negotiation skills and proven ability to negotiate contracts with service providers and suppliers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including presentation, oral communication, and writing.
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments.
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 3-5 years of related project management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated (with references) experience in farm management through multiple (years) of full growth / harvest / offtake cycles.
• Operating experience in tropical and other growing climates, including experience in on-farm water, soil, pest and diseases management.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com