Position available for an experienced, hard-working and enthusiastic Farm Manager and Agricultural Education director for a fun-time, live-on-site position in Maui Hawaii on a beautiful, certified organic farm overlooking 30 miles of untouched Hawaiian coastline on the slopes of Haleakala. Farm is also an eco-retreat center with a 60 foot salt water swimming pool, large hot tub and sauna 8-acre educational retreat. Training in Compassionate Communication (NVC) is also provided as a part of the job, an excellent tool for enhancing the feeling of community among students at the school and for effective business management in general. Our farm is a non-profit, immersive experiential education program that operates as a fully functioning production farm and eco-education center running in harmony with an on site yoga and health retreat facility in the lush fertile area of Huelo.
Compensation package includes full-time salary commensurate with experience, health, vision and dental insurance, and partial trade for a large room with adjoining half-bath
- Co-management of 3.5 acres of annual vegetable gardens, fruit orchards, and animal pastures with another farm manager
-Administer excellent animal care protocol for our flock of up to 200 Laying Hens and three sheep.
- Maintain customer relationships, fulfilling wholesale orders, and one or more farmers market operations,10% of gross sales shared by both teaching farmers
- Sustain an evolving educational program for a 12-week immersion internship experience, balancing the labor needs of the farm with the educational needs of our seven or eight interns.
- Interest in further development as a farmer and teaching farmer by attending trainings in Korean Natural Farming and other methods. Interest in incorporating new approaches which will expand our educational offerings and enhance our farm production
* willingness to grow with the farm as we continue to expand and improve upon our farm equipment and facilities
- Administer an active Organic System Plan. Maintain Organic certification including record keeping, account management, and annual inspection.
* Past experience in farming in tropical areas preferable but not required
Requirements: 2 years management experience in organic farming and agriculture education field. B.S. Degree minimum in Environmental Science, Horticulture and Agronomy, or another related field.
Ability of work with people and teach
Enough computer skills to keep good records
Working car with safety check
Good driving record
Email: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=00ef8534c7904c7f&from=myjobs&tk=1c6o8g... - no phone calls please