The Farm Manager manages all aspects of food production and apprenticeship education. This is a full time position. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Primary Responsibilities of the Job
1. Manage and coordinate all aspects of work within the farm
2. Manage and coordinate crop planning, greenhouse production, field maintenance & harvest
3. Co-Coordinate and supervise Farm Apprentices from March- November
4.Co-Educate and inform Farm Apprentices on farm curriculum through discussion sessions and hands on demonstrations to teach farming and garden techniques
5. Update educational curriculum to keep Apprenticeship program current with best farm practices
6. Collect data and documentation to track performance measures and meet the standards of organic certification
7. Manage the farm’s budget and finances
8. Manage produce and apple accounts through the organization of orders, harvests, invoicing, and deliveries
9. Oversee the maintenance of irrigation systems and manage equipment and infrastructure
10. Coordinate with retreats and events for produce orders
11. Participate in weekly Oz Farm staff meetings when appropriate
12. To be flexible with the tasks required for the business, depending on the needs of Oz Farm, which may include tasks other than those related strictly to Job Description
Physical Requirements of the Job
1. Employee must be able to do physical farm work including harvesting, hoeing, stake pounding, and digging
2. Drive and operate farm vehicles, tractors, and small machines
3. Ability to lift up to 60lbs
4. Handle use of tools and machinery
Responsibility of Community Member
1.Participate in weekly staff meetings
2. Abide by all Oz Farm Policies & Protocol
3. Participate in cooking rotation
4. Respect & care for communal spaces
Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
1. At least three years of experience as a manager of food, flower, and herb production on a farm scale
2. Commitment to organic farming practices and philosophies with comprehensive knowledge of small scale, sustainable farming practices and synergy between food systems, social justice, and the natural world
3. Knowledge of maintaining soil health, irrigation systems, composting, pest and weed control etc.
4. Familiarity with adhering to CCOF rules and regulations
5. Experience managing and educating apprentices
6. Excellent interpersonal skills involving clear communication, time management, prioritizing, and delegating
7. Ability to be self-motivated and self-managing and to work both independently and collectively
8. Clean DMV record
9. Excellent record-keeping skills and computer literacy where necessary
10. Passion for Oz Farm’s mission and work to educate apprentices, grow food for our community, and provide a beautiful space for retreats and events
Please refer to www.ozfarm.com for background on Oz Farm and our programs.
We are accepting applications until position is filled. Estimated start date for the job is early January.
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and list of current references to email@example.com with the subject “Farm Manager Position”
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions of inquiries regarding this position. Thank you.