The Farm Program Assistant assists in the management of work program farm crew; assisting the Farm Manager in providing meaningful work for people with mental illness and substance abuse challenges as part of the SLR Therapeutic Work Program.
• Assists with scheduling/organizing of work program crews for all farm activities.
• Acts as a communication liaison with Ranch community on haying days.
• Assists farmer on all fencing-related work, including but not limited to: fence repair, barbed wire, poly-electric, high tensile, new fence installation, and watering systems for livestock paddocks.
• Ensures the health and well-being of Ranch livestock by following the Farm Manager’s instruction and guidance.
• Help in rotation of livestock through paddock grazing network.
• Foster resident sense of personal growth, meaningful contribution, and social belonging through positive work crew interactions and experience.
• Ensure safety through worksite hazard management, proper tool/machinery technique, and following of procedures and policies.
• Communicate with residents’ teams regarding concerns observed on crew, including non-attendance.
• Experience working on a farm/ranch with livestock is required.
• Desire to work closely with others and participate in a therapeutic community.
• Previous experience supporting mental health and/or substance abuse recovery preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, as well as extremely collaboratively.
• Driver’s license and good driving record.
Please submit your resume and some information about yourself and why you are interested in this position and working at Spring Lake Ranch to: email@example.com