Coordinate farm product sales and crop planning-production for 75 acre organic farm. The position will coordinate sale of produce and crop planning with guidance from the Farm Manager. The position facilitates the sale of farm produce through the Food Commons Fresno Wholesale and Ooooby value chains. The position will sell farm produce directly to wholesale, institutional and retail buyers, with emphasis on creating seasonal sales programs. The position will work with the Farm Manager and administrative staff to maintain and update records, reports and training needed to maintain the farm’s organic certification and food safety compliance.
1. Crop planning with Food Commons Farm Manager and other farm suppliers
2. Coordinating harvest and pack out schedule with lead farm supervisor
3. Scheduling deliveries through Food Commons, customer or 3rd party carriers
4. Setting up and maintaining a Quality Assurance Program
5. Overseeing all recordkeeping related to organic certification and food safety
6. Conducting regular inspections of equipment and maintaining inventory related to harvest and pack out of farm produce
7. Maintaining and expanding relationships with wholesale, retail and institutional buyers
8. Working with the Ooooby, and Wholesale buyers to sell farm produce through the Food Commons value chain.
Maintaining pricing and margins for farm produce sales within established guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience in the produce industry, working with farmers on crop plans and sales forecasting. The candidate will also have contacts within the produce industry that have potential to become new customers of the company. This position reports to the Farm Manager of the Company
a. Minimum 3 years produce purchasing and sales experience
b. Experience in crop or farm planning
c. Supervisory experience
d. Experience with accounting and inventory software such as Xero.com or QuickBooks
e. Proven record of performance and meeting goals
f. B.A. or B.S. in Agribusiness, Economics or Accounting or relavent work experience
g. Experience and familiarity with accounting and financial reporting software
Email resume and cover letter addressing how you are the right candidate for the position to email@example.com
This is currently a part-time position of 25-30 hours per week. It is expected to be full-time within six to nine months