Love educating? Love farming? This position is for you! Work with the Farm Manager to implement all educational farm programming and maintain the farm on our first season. Previous educational experience and/or farm experience preferred
About Eden Village West
Eden Village West is an organic farm-to-table residential Jewish camp in Sonoma County, California with a 6-week overnight summer program as well as other farm programming throughout the spring and fall. Our 3rd-9th grade campers enjoy farming, wilderness and homesteading skills, culinary arts, music and sports as they become empowered to promote a more environmentally sustainable, socially just, and spiritually connected world for all. Position includes room and board on 350-acre campus along the Russian River and 3 organic vegetarian meals per day.
- Work with the farm manager to execute successful farm programming to campers aged 8-14.
- Contribute energy, tradition, and culture to first-time summer camp along the Russian River
- Collaborate with farm manager to plan and tend to 1-acre plot of land
- Learn or practice ethical animal management principles for goats, chickens, and rabbits on the property
- Be enthusiastic, excited to try new things, generous, willing to be silly, flexible, creative, caring, and able to maintain a positive team attitude throughout a full work day
-Live in residence at camp in California during staff training, summer camp, and post camp wrap-up (early June - early August)
Farming or education experience preferred.
Please apply by following the instructions on this page: http://www.edenvillagewest.org/staff/summer-positions/