Assisting operations on the Farm at Aberlin Springs. Daily operations include cultivation, weed and pest management, harvest, packing, building infrastructure, etc. We are a no/low till, regenerative farming following ecological practices to improve soil health, increase biodiversity, and produce high quality produce for the surrounding community. This community is based around and agrarian lifestyle and focuses on farm to table living. We operate a full tradition CSA of 75 share and growing as the development continues here to 130+ shares. Our production focuses on intensive succession cropping and permanent beds with deep compost mulch. We rotate somewhere around 25 up to 50 different crops throughout the year. We have 2 high tunnels to extend the growing season and we produce year round. The farm operates on a human scale with almost all hand tools and appropriate techniques.
The farmer will be a team player in creating efficient and regenerative agriculture systems and will work cooperatively to reach higher company goals beyond oneself. The farm is located at one of Ohio’s first agricommunities - Aberlin Springs, and our primary goal on the farm is to support all of its community members through CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). An applicant would be driven by and passionate about permaculture and sustainability practices.
- Starting $12-$15/ hr.
- Membership in Barefoot Designs weekly CSA program
- 35-45 hrs/wk depending on season
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Packaging for sales
- Farm infrastructure development
- High school diploma/GED
- 2 or 4 year degree in horticulture, agronomy, soil science, or any related field (preferred)
- Time management
- Mechanically inclined is a plus
- Familiar with outdoor hand tools (eg. shovels, pruners, wheelbarrows, etc.)
- Able to work alone and with others
- Long term interest in developing an agriculture career
- Good work ethic
- Routine oriented
- Must be comfortable working outside in various conditions
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to carry out daily physical motion activities like squatting, bending, lifting, carrying, etc.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record
Please send a cover letter and resume, as well as any relevant information to --> email@example.com